Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 3 in the Bubble!

Much to my own chagrin I'm actually enjoying "happy valley"! hahaha! Really, the people are nice... haven't met too many crazies... love my job... found and apt... it's really going pretty swell (Ha, I've wanted to use the word swell all week and finally found a place for it! HUZZAH!).
I'm excited/nervous to move into my new place on Wednesday. I've been looking for a place since I moved out here and finally found a few to look at. The first one was HUGE! Lots of space, nice location, big rooms and 2 family rooms, unfurnished so I could bring all my own stuff! Room for a washer and dryer, nice big kitchen. And I'd be the 2nd girl moving in, out of 4-5. It would have worked out amazing! The 2nd place was nice, but not really my style and a lil pricey. The final place was in off-campus student housing, only a mile from BYU, fully furnished, ok sized rooms, and the 3 roommates there are all like 19-20... Of course, none of this really mattered, because when I walked in to the last one it felt right. It just felt like where I'm supposed to be. I told the girl I wanted to go home and call my parents and pray about it, and within an hour I knew I needed to call and tell her I'd take it. I went in the next day and we did all the paperwork. Luckily, there wasn't too much of that! lol
In order me to live there, I technically have to be a student. So- I went online and registered for Institute at UVU. I'm supposed to start tomorrow, but I have to work so it'll wait 'til next week. I am excited for this though. because I was going to sign up anyway :)

Other than that, I've just been making new friends and finding old friends that are here. I miss Colorado terribly... but I'm doing well out here.

Oh, I have written a few new songs and look forward to recording them... also, I will VERY soon have some of my Cd's for sale with 2 songs on them, Santa Monica Beach & Lose My Senses... So let me know if you want one and we'll get it worked out
I love you all and write to me or call/txt :)
Shoshi B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shauna,
I need your new address. Hey now that you have a job mind sending that $20 for my bday? *wink wink hint*