Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Church in the Bubble

Life is good! I love Utah! I totally miss Colorado, but I'm actually doing pretty well here. My job is great (front desk at Massage Envy). I LOVE the people I work with! I just moved into my new apartment, and my roomie's are great! I have my own room, and 3 roommates... Stephanie, Kara, and Lacey. Lacey's getting married in early December, so there'll be a newbie there then. I'm totally excited too, because I have a new cute comforter, and for the 1st time in a long time, my room is actually super girly. It's all decked out in pink! hahaha, this is great cause I used to hate pink and now it's my favorite color!
I went to my new ward on Sunday, and I found out I'm going to have to start liking to hike... it's on campus at BYU. So, I have to park at the bottom of this huge hill, hike up like 65-70 stairs, get on the Lil trail, hike like another 1/4mile on a fairly steep slop, and I tell you, the last 6 stairs you have to go up to get into the building kill! I imagine it's going to be amazing during the winter. I'm debating wearing running shoes and changing into heels when I get into the building!
Then, my ward is great, don't get me wrong, but I swear- they grow the boys in Utah short! It's kinda funny, I'm pretty sure I'm taller than 85% of the guys there, without heels! hahaha
Sacrament Meeting was actually really funny- because the girl speaker almost passed out and was cracking jokes the whole time because she was so nervous! I felt bad for her, but I still had to laugh.... and I do have to say, it is harder to concentrate on spiritual things in Sacrament meeting, when you meet in a chemistry lab and you can learn the periodic table!
I've come to learn that NOTHING beats Colorado water! Like the tap water! Apparently I'm a water snob, because I cant' stand the taste of it out here, so I've taken to buying bottled water all the time! It's crazy! I mean, paying for your water every once in a while isn't bad, but paying for a natural resource all the time is crazy! what's next? Air? Okay, so I do admit I've done that before too! hahaha- at the Oxygen bar! It's way fun and amazing!~ I went last time I was in Vegas
Speaking of Vegas- I'm totally stoked to go out there for Tracey's wedding! And- I'm also really excited to see everybody! It's gonna be a big party all weekend! YAY!
So- if you need my new address just send me an email and I'll shoot it on back to you. I hope everything is going well! Love you all!
Shauna Leigh

2 comments:

Rachel said...

just so you know shauna... i learned in my anatomy class that those oxygen bars are really bad for you and can kill you if you get too much oxygen... haha:0 how are ya

Laurel said...

found ya! How is happy valley? glad to catch up on your life! Keep in touch!