Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shoshi 'n the bubble

So- A lot has happened since I last wrote! First of all, I apologize for the lapse of writing lately. Life has been wicked crazy, and on top of that, now we can’t get online at work and since I’m there A LOT, that’s were it’s easier for me to post at. Any who, I’ll stop complaining and get on with my story.
I have never had to decorate a room that was so blank and set out before! Especially with not being able to really put holes in the walls and such. I finally just got some fabric, tape, scrapbook paper and other accoutrements and went at it. It’s still not much, but at least now I have some personalization! Lol
OOOOOooooo, I totally had my real first Student housing experience! Hahahha. So- the other day I was sitting on the couch, crocheting and talking to my roommate, Stephanie, and the doorbell rang. It was like 11:30pm, so we were both a little bit mift at who it could be. I opened the door and standing there was an adorably shy college boy who proceeded to tell me he lost a bet, his friends were all at the bottom of the stairs… and his consequence was he had to go up to a random girls apartment and get a kiss from her!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! So- he asked if I would, and then turned his cheek, I said yes and get him a ‘lil smooch on his cheek. He quickly said thank you and bolted down the stairs while his friends were yelling that they didn’t see it and I needed to do it again!!!! Hahaha! I tell you, people are funny! I had a good laugh, along with Stephanie.
Sheryl, a girl at work has become like my best friend out here, along with Katie, and Rachel, oh, and Seth ;) I also work with Jessica- I adore her, but know her very well. Yet, I hope to. Sheryl and I hung out all Halloween and I hope to have some pics up soon. I also got to hang out with Aubrey, my cousin! I adore her!
I get to come home next weekend and am SO excited about that! I do love it out here, but I miss The Springs terribly. And I've been having a really hard time being away from certain people. There are some great possibilities that may be happening soon for me and I will let you know. Okay, yes- one of them is a boy, but nothings official yet, so don’t get to excited, lol. I really hope thing go well, but we will see.
I love you all and I hope life is treating you well. And, I’m purposely not commenting on the Obama thing other than I guess we all knew it had to get worse before Christ can come again. But, I’m thankful prop 8 pasted. I’m fine with people having rights, but I don’t want a few people merely deciding to change the entire basis and sanctity of marriage. I do love you all though, I don’t care about race, sexual preference, religion, or gender… we are all God’s children and we need to come together and be respectful.
Shauna Leigh

1 comment:

Jessica D. said...

That story about the neighbor knocking on your door and asking for a kiss, so funny! Made me laugh. I suppose its commonplace antics for college students. Very cute!!

Love your blog as always! Keep us updated. Love ya, Jess