Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What is Spin Factor?

I was the little girl that always wanted to wear the dress that when I would spin around the room, it would flair out and make me feel like I was flying. I would spin in circles for what seemed like hours until I became so dizzy I’d have to lie on the floor and feel the earth moving under and over me. I still love to check out the “spin factor” on all the dresses and skirts I wear, especially when I’m feeling fun or flirty. Life is like the spin factor from my childhood days of twirling. It spins and twists, oft times taking unexpected turns. So- instead of being “Adults” and forcing our way thru, why not take that simple act of a child and enjoy the ride. Spinning and dancing with the fluid movement of the fabric of time. And, when we get too dizzy, take a step back. Lie down and feel the world working, moving over and under us. Life will move on whether or not we wish for it to. So I say, Dance like nobody’s watching… and take those turns that make you soar. The best part about it is you can’t fail, because every dance is unique. Every soul is different. And every dress will spin unlike any other.
And the next time life has you to serious, anxious, or down…. I dare you to go back to your childhood and spin in your fullest skirt, or roll down a hill… and I dare you to not have fun doing it, for I think it’s impossible to not at least crack a smile.

1 comment:

Jessica D. said...

Beautiful post girl...you should put these into lyrics for a song! I agree that we should all have the innocence and excitement of a child, even with the simple things. Life can be very beautiful if we remember to view it with the enthusiasm of a child! P.S. I love dresses that spin! So pretty! Makes me feel like I'm in the olden-days or something!